Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Spring Break Fun

Today my son said this has been the best spring break ever so far. I asked him why? I was amazed at his answer! Our spring break, so far has been very low key.

Sunday: Lazy day, but we managed to spend two hours playing the game Risk.

Monday: Spring cleaning day. Everyone was cleaning out their rooms. I cleaned out the kitchen cabinets and pantry. My son was helping my husband change out our kitchen table. He was allowed to use the tools and help. Everyone worked hard, so we decided to have a barbeque of hamburgers and hotdogs. I received an iron fire pit for my birthday last November that we had not used yet, so we decided to get it out and we had smores by they fire later in the evening. A big hit with the kids!

My son LOVED being able to use the tools and helping his Dad, he LOVED playing Risk and he LOVED the fire and the smores. Hmmmm. We have spent nothing on Spring Break fun so far....go figure....

3 comments:

Maggie said...

We are on spring break also. I love staying home for breaks. Vacations are just to much work :)

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous of the fire pit and smores!
Reminds me of summer. I'm glad your son is enjoying his spring break :D

Canadian Saver said...

That does sound like a lot of fun :-) It doesn't have to cost a lot of $$, so glad your son realizes that now!