Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Cash jars...


I haven't mentioned it in a while, but I'm still trying to operate on cash. I have jars, envelopes, and places in my wallet where I stash cash after I get paid. The interesting thing is that since I've been doing that, I've had a lot more money at the end of the month. I have added a couple of categories..i.e. my son's trombone lessons, etc.
I believe you really do spend less with cash. I'm not where I want to be yet, because occasionally I will use my checkbook for categories I didn't have enough cash for. But I'm getting better.
Have you tried cash yet?

4 comments:

asgreen said...

For some reason the opposite happens to me. If I have cash in my wallet I end up going through it so quickly. However, I think when I use plastic. I think I'm an oddball.

jpkittie said...

I LOVE using the cash system - totally saves me tons!!!

Anonymous said...

If I have cash quite often I will pull it out to use for something I wouldn't normally spend on. For example, if I have grocery cash and it is Friday afternoon and DS wants to go by McDonald's after school usually I will take him. If I don't have cash it is very easy to say I don't have cash.

Maybe my problem is I don't have self control.

Canadian Saver said...

I'm like asgreen... I can't seem to keep cash in my wallet for very long...

Thanks for the update!!!