Wednesday, September 3, 2008

September Goals, revisited...


Today I bought everything I anticipated I needed for the next couple of days because I wanted to have a couple of NO SPEND days...

Then I got to thinking...just because I have some NO SPEND days, doesn't mean I won't go over my budget. But then again, even if I just spend a little EVERY day, it would really add up.

I didn't think I would spend more than $20.00. But, the dog needed food, the guinea pig's cage needed to be cleaned out and we were out of bread so I ended up spending over $80.00. Since payday is 12 days away and we have only $200.00 in our checkbook, I'm hoping that I can have all 5 NO SPEND days this coming week! :) (The $200.00 that was missing in my paycheck because of my shortened hours is definitely noticable now.)

$200.00 will not go far as both cars need gas. So hopefully I'll have 4 NO DRIVE days too!

This will certainly be a challenge.
P.S. Thank you Giraffe Spender for showing me this neat "receipt" site!

3 comments:

Canadian Saver said...

Sharon, I gave you an award on my blog, if you want to check it out :-)

You are very right about the no spending days not meaning you won't go over budget... someone could spend $0.50/day and have 30 spending days while someone else could spend $500/day and have 25 no spend days and still spend $2,500!!

I'm going to check out that receipt site too!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sharon

Good luck with your no-spend and no-drive days!!

I hope you'll make it until payday.

Oh, and thank-you for making the font-size a bit smaller, it's much easier on me eyes. :)

Giraffe Spender said...

Sharon,

Just another brilliant gem I stole...this one from http://debtendstreet.wordpress.com/

Blessings,
Tif