Thursday, September 4, 2008

Budget Remake

Tomorrow I will spend some time at my diningroom table trying to take $400.00 out of my budget for the month. I'm sure it's there somewhere, I guess I will have to look hard. (By the way, the cleaning service stays. Period.) :)

I can't help but be annoyed about the whole situation, as my boss spends excess money on things not needed (lunches out with potential clients in excess of $500.00 is a common occurrence). Truth be told, I am his only employee, even though he has family on the payroll. I have not seen them in the office at all. My salary was not his problem, but it was the one item that was cut first.

On the brightside however, this may be the kick in the pants I needed to go out and look to see what else is out there. Thanks to a wise suggestion to look on Craigs List, I found several opportunities that I could look into, and which would allow me to work out of my home....

Of course, that leads to the next problem of not having an office space in my home...one more thing to budget for...

On a positive note, today WILL be a NO SPEND day.

Finally.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you can always try the local coffee shop for "office space". a lot of them offer free wireless, and if it is the middle of the work day, you don't have to worry about taking away space from "paying customers"....

jpkittie said...

that is fantastic! I wish I could find a way to loose $$ from my budget (cable/internet stays on my end! LOL)

I look forward to seeing how it turns out for you!

Anonymous said...

All of the best in the new quest