Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Boston...

we just got back from our trip to Boston...it was a whirlwind trip, we left Friday came back Monday. Both Friday and Monday were travel days, so we really just had two days to visit with family. We went for a wedding, and I wanted hubby to meet my relatives. (We've been married 13 years and he never met my Mom's side). Unfortunately, as most weddings go, we didn't get to visit as much as we would have liked and before we knew it, it was time to go.

Expenses were high this trip, between airfare, car rental, hotel stay, food and such. We didn't really budget for this trip, and our "emergency" savings are going to have to be used :(, but hopefully we can scrimp a bit in July to make up for the over expense.

Summers always leave us scrambling...(which is how we got into mega debt last year). Somehow we just don't plan ahead enough.

3 comments:

Canadian Saver said...

Sounds like a good trip, even if it was so short... you'll find a way to pay for this without going into debt :-) That's what savings are for...

Glad you're back!

Sharon said...

CS,
Thanks! Hey, I've meant to thank you for telling me about "Til Debt do us Part" I tivo it twice a week and love the whole concept of the cash jars. I think I may try that too!

Canadian Saver said...

I love that show... glad you get it there and enjoy it too :-)

I think it's Apples and Telephones that does the little change purses instead of the jars... I love her method too! (check the archives of her blog)