Saturday, May 17, 2008

YIKES! I was a bit off target...

I just got done posting about a wonderful "24" hours my husband and I got to enjoy for our anniversary, and how we only had to pay $17.00 "out of pocket". Well, upon careful calculation of the "24" hour period which I have documented in my other blog, My Daily Bread, it appears that we spent more than $500.00! $555.00 to be exact. What??? Part of that amount was a gift from my husband, in the form of a Coach purse. We waited to go to the outlet stores, and this particular purse was originally $328.00, marked down to $149.00. Still expensive, yes, but I've been wanting this for a very long time. So....my husband said he would get it for me as a Mother's Day gift...

The other expenses, some clothing, allowances for kids, and eating out quickly brought the total to over $500.00. I had no idea that it was anywhere near that! Can you imagine putting that on a credit card and thinking it was around $200? Which is what happened to me last fall with Christmas and misc. expenses. I ended up with a $5000.00 credit card bill. Luckily, we pay with cash, but it does make me more cautious. I still have a birthday (my son's), a Kings Dominion trip, and grocery shopping to do before next pay day! Ugh.

1 comments:

Beachgirl said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog regarding my decision to apply to law school. If you wouldn't mind, I'd love to ask you some questions and pick your brain. If that is okay with you, send me an e-mail at beachgirlsblog at yahoo.com. Thanks!