Friday, May 23, 2008

My Daily Bread..

I keep track of all my daily expenditures on my other blog My Daily Bread (see sidebar). It's strictly for keeping track of what I spend, but it is so revealing. When I think I'm not spending very much, it ends up adding up to a lot! I'm glad I'm keeping track, but it is also discouraging.


My son's birthday was yesterday, and my husband and I decided to get him some rollerblades. This, in and of itself, was very reasonable at $45.00. However, it's the extras...the special breakfast, dinner and snack for school. It's the wrapping paper, decorations etc. I spent closer to $200.00 to have his birthday. Part of the reason is that we are not a six person family again, and our food requirements have increased by 1/3. We keep having to take out of savings to cover the extra expenses.

Hopefully, I'll get a chance to do a big BJ's shop and save some money on food. The prices are actually still good there. Now that I have a larger family again, it will pay to shop in bulk.

2 comments:

Canadian Saver said...

Sharon, yeah I can just imagine that buying for 6 must be very expensive!!! How much more did you increase your budget by?

If I had to feed 6 in Canada, I'd probably spend close to $1,000!!

Anonymous said...

I have four kids. I hear you on how expensive it is to buy groceries for 6 people!