Friday, March 21, 2008

The credit cards that won't die...

In a previous post I mentioned a fee that American Express charged me...well, basically, for the sake of charging me a fee. American Express is not alone. I had three different credit cards that I recently "paid off". Or so I thought. Yesterday in the mail I recieved a bill from Chase and a bill from Citibank. Both had erroneous fees on them. Citibank charged me $8.03, and Chase charged me $2.16. Once again, we called. They took the fees off. And they couldn't quite explain why they were on there. Hmmm. Please take the time to call your credit card companies if you feel a fee was charged in error. They are exploiting consumers by nickel and diming them and hoping that they don't notice. $2.16 doesn't seem like a lot, but if you multiply that by millions of consumers, the credit card companies are making an obscene amount of money by cheating people out of their own money. It has to stop.

1 comments:

Canadian Saver said...

Isn't it weird that it happened not just on your AE but on 2 other cards? Like you say, multiply a small amount by a lot of people and that's big profit for the companies.

Not with customers that pay attention like you though! Good job :-)