Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Books I'm Reading...









Saving-4-Later is reading All Your Worth, by Elizabeth Warren and Amelia Warren Tyagi, so I thought I would head over to our local library to check it out. I found four other books that caught my interest in the Personal Finance section.
  • The Last Chance Milllionaire, by Douglas R. Andrew
  • Rich Dad, Poor Dad, by Robert T. Kiyosaki (I know this has been out for a while, but I finally picked it up)
  • What color is your Parachute for Retirement, by Richard N. Bolles and John E. Nelson
  • Green with Envy, Why Keeping up with the Joneses is Keeping us in Debt, by Shira Boss

I hope to have All Your Worth finished by the weekend. (I have some time today because I'm home from work) Has anyone read any of these books?

6 comments:

Canadian Saver said...

You are reading all those at the same time??? I usually just read one at a time... I haven't gotten far in All Your Worth though, I started another book instead (will post about it later)

Sharon said...

Actually I have the CDs for All Your Worth, I'm reading the "keeping up with the Jones" book. It's pretty good!

Anonymous said...

Hey Sharon for sharing your insights on managing debts in your blog, along with resources you recommend. I am particularly interested in the downloadable ebook by Suze Orman "Women And Money" which unfortunately has been taken off before I stumble upon from your comment on Beachgirl's budget blog. I wonder you are able to email me the pdf file. Thanks.

Debbie said...

I just read "Green With Envy" last weekend. It's a short, superfast, interesting read. I don't know if I learned a ton, but it kept me reading.

Sharon said...

Justin,
You didn't leave me your e-mail address??

Missy,
I'm almost done. There have been a lot of stops and starts, but I hope to finish this weekend. It is a fast read. I found the part about congressmen most interesting!

Anonymous said...

I don't like rich dad, poor dad... bad advice, check this out:

http://www.johntreed.com/Kiyosaki.html