Wednesday, January 2, 2008

It's a new year...

and I'm making my New Year's Resolutions. Or in this case, my financial and health goals...
I set up a yearly budget to try and get the cc's paid off, the cars paid off and have a bit of cash in the account for emergencies. I was about 4,000.00 off with our budget items and what I want to accomplish, so I guess the idea of a cleaning service (2600.00 a year) and a lake vacation (3500.00) may have to be put on hold in order to complete the financial goals I've made.

The reason I would like a cleaning service is that I can't seem to keep up with the dust and dog hair that envelops our home. I work approximately 30 hours a week, but I can't seem to catch up. I will have to enlist the help of my family members, but it sure would be a great quality of life issue if I could afford it.

As far as the lake, I am going to scrimp and save my pennies to see if I can add a few hours of work over the course of the next six months. We had a great family experience last year at the lake, and I would love to continue it. But not at the expense of not becoming debt free this year. That is my definite goal....

0 comments: