Saturday, December 29, 2007

Counting my blessings..

Sometimes I focus too much on what I don't have, or what I didn't accomplish. But as I reflect on 2007, I have so much to be grateful for and proud of. My oldest daughter finished her junior year in college, my other daughter graduated from high school and was able to choose from three very good colleges. My younger daughter and son both made A/B honor roll in elementary school and all four children are healthy and happy.

I have an adoring wonderful husband who has a stable, well-paying job, and has always been really handy with house projects, or fixing things around the house.

On the financial side, we managed to max out our 401K savings, pay for two college educations with cash, and take a trip to the lake. Plus, we ended up with $13,500 LESS in debt than last year, not including the principal paid on the mortgage, which would make it a couple of thousand more. We did some home maintenance costing approximately $3000. So it wasn't until November that things fell apart, but all in all it was a successful year.

I am definitely counting my blessings.....

0 comments: